Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mitt Romney and Jan Skousen


OMG! Look who posted comment number 2! --
[ updated entries ]


Text of Romney speech
By Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor December 6, 2007 10:19 AM

Mitt Romney's "Faith in America" speech, as prepared for delivery

"Let me assure you that no authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin. "As governor, I tried to do the right as best I knew it, serving the law and answering to the Constitution. I did not confuse the particular teachings of my church with the obligations of the office and of the Constitution –- and of course, I would not do so as President. I will put no doctrine of any church above the plain duties of the office and the sovereign authority of the law.


Some believe that such a confession of my faith will sink my candidacy. If they are right, so be it. But I think they underestimate the American people. Americans do not respect believers of convenience. Americans tire of those who would jettison their beliefs, even to gain the world."There is one fundamental question about which I often am asked. What do I believe about Jesus Christ? I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of mankind. My church's beliefs about Christ may not all be the same as those of other faiths. Each religion has its own unique doctrines and history. These are not bases for criticism but rather a test of our tolerance. Religious tolerance would be a shallow principle indeed if it were reserved only for faiths with which we agree.


http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2007/12/text_of_romney.html
10 comments so far...

2. I am thrilled to hear someone stand up for religion and America! I want someone as President of this country who can stand up for both of these things. I want a man who is intelligent, who is exemplary, who has deep conviction, and will stand by his principles!
I am voting for Romney all the way!

Posted by Jan Skousen December 6, 07 11:39 AM

OMG! --- answers come in the oddest places!!!!
and #2 post!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment